Invite Only A New Beginning

Discussion in 'Fire Country' started by Horus, Mar 7, 2017.

1. There are currently no users chatting.
  1. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    To the Sandaime Hokage,

I have to thank you quite a lot for writing to me. It was rather unexpected to have a letter come in from you so soon. All in all, a pleasant surprise. I did wish to write about meeting you, but it seems you got there first! I wish to come visit Konohagakure, as I would like to see you in your own setting. Besides, the desert can be rather unpleasant to those who have not spent their lives in it, I would hate for you to be uncomfortable. All I do wish for our villages is to coexist in peace and be allies, not bicker and lose lives from both sides once more. We would be much stronger together, so I do hope this visit will ensure good vibes.

Akira Jimmu-Mikoto,

Second Sultan

On The outskirts of Fire Country, you could see a desolate land, and perhaps further than that, you can begin to see Kaze no Kuni. He had been there many times before, but the blood of his enemies had always stained the sand beneath his feet. But, he wondered now, would it be beautiful, and serene? He would not know for now, but maybe just maybe it would be known to him later on. He had not listened to the letter, as being in Konohagakure and meeting was too dangerous at the moment, the elements of people, conspired against such a meetings.

When tempers flared who knew what would happen, that is why he was here on the outskirts of Fire Country, the land of Fire to meet his rival, and perhaps starting today his newfound partner in progression and peace. His bodyguards numbered about a dozen all scattered around him while he waited. On one side, a green lush land, while on the other something more chaotic and dark from days gone by, he set up another chair in front of him for the Sultan when he arrived.

2. Lillian

Lillian Chunin Member

16%
    Akira grinned widely as he traversed the sands, his tails flying behind him as he ran. How long he had been running, who knows. Didn't mean he wasn't at least enjoying himself on the way to the border. He didn't make any stops, but admired the beauty of the desert at a glance. To outsiders, the desert sounded cruel, ugly, desolate... But if you've grown in it, you'll see it as a golden ocean, it's waves shining from the sun, the animals and plants thriving in it being it's coral reef. It was quite easy to find comparisons to the sea from such a vast expanse of what seemed to be nothing.

Soon he approached the border, beginning to slow down as he saw figures in the distance. He squinted, seeing the familiar Leaf shinobi uniform. Strange, he didn't think it would be at the border. He must have his reasons, nothing to bicker about. He wasn't very keen on inviting the Hokage into his village anyway; who knows what could happen. He wanted both sides to be safe and on good terms.

He soon was directly at the seating area, laying his eyes on the Hokage. So this was Vaulkor Hasu, hmm? His fox ears twitched, tails lying partially in the sand.
    "Well, Sandaime Hokage, Vaulkor Hasu..." He grinned widely, though this time it was a rather friendly grin, "I am Akira Jimmu-Mikoto, nice to be at your acquaintance." He looked at the seat next to him, having the impression that he was to sit. Doing so, he sat properly in the chair, his tails draped on either side, "I hope you have been doing well..."

3. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    He waited quietly for the Sultan, looking at the desolate world and comparing it to the Fire Country. Many things had changed over the decades, but the scorched earth tactic that both villages had used had decimated the landscape around them. It was a wonder...that none of the other Kages had attacked them out of habit, but perhaps they were just turtling down and waiting for the war to end so they could come and swoop in at the last moment to decimate the country. After quite a while, the Nidaime Sultan had shown up though a bit late he still ordered his guards to set up a table as well as tea. One for himself and one for the Sultan in front of him, he nodded at the Sultan as he took the seat offered and began to sip on the tea. Meanwhile, he was secretly looking over the Sultan to see if there was any anger, resentment or other emotions bubbling up from the disaster that happened a month ago.

I am doing very well, but you know at the moment a bit nervous, as this is my first secret rendezvous with another village's leader. So you might be wondering...were we not going to talk in the village? Well, I decided against it for both of our saftey, as I don't fully understand the dangers that are lurking. It could be another village has a hand...or some group of radicals at this point we can't be sure at all. Mmm, it has been a while since you have taken the mantle Sultan, what is your take on the whole situation?

4. Lillian

Lillian Chunin Member

16%
    Akira maintained a genuinely friendly smile as he stared at the Hokage, one leg crossed over the other. He had his hands clasped together on his lap, clearly visible as to show he wasn't intending any harm. Well he had to leave a good impression, right? He was honestly... Terrified of another war breaking out, terrified that the same that happened to his loved ones would befall the village itself this time.
    Soon a question popped from the Hokage, his take on the situation at hand. He thought his words out carefully, until he began to speak,
    "Well, I suppose I might as well bring up my thoughts on my father's murder." His hands separated, his fingers drumming on his knee, "Now, I am not making any assumptions, believe me. It is merely a concern. My father... He was killed on your land, if I recall correctly. I just would like to know if it was an order to kill him. If it was not, it may be something else at play, perhaps either shinobi acting on their own, or radicals, perhaps both."

5. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    #5 Horus, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Vaulkor vaguely guessed the answer of the Sultan before he began speaking, but he was just making sure everything was in neat order. Eyeing the sultan while he spoke, it seemed that he had misgivings about the whole situation, honestly even in his position as Hokage he had misgivings as well. But this guy was sure honest, at least he went right for the kill asking him if Konohagakure had anything to do with the killings. Obviously, they did not, but his heart was a bit angered he fully calmed his heart while the smile on his face was still maintained. He nodded once more while sipping his tea, and then looked toward the Sultan.

Ah, yes, I was wondering if we would get to the part of accusations, let me be forthright our village is still mourning the loss of the previous Hokage, and we would have never done anything to jeopardize the peace talks. It was in our interests to align with the Kazekage and reach and accord. We both have lost so much you and me, but to be clear, we had nothing to do with the despicable act of assassinating even our own Hokage for some short term benefits. I know both of the previous generation Kages have signed on this document but I want us to reaffirm it and perhaps some show of support for each village involved. He showed the documents and everything related to the peace talks. Ah, I almost forgot, is there anything more you would like to discuss Kazekage?

6. Lillian

Lillian Chunin Member

16%
    Akira listened to the Hokage as he begun speaking about the accusations. Somewhere in his mind, he prayed that his sibling wasn't in the right of wanting to wage war against them. He subconsciously gripped the knee of his clothing, though his expression kept calm and maintained. Kazekage... Quite odd he used such an old title to refer to his father as. He had read about them in some snippets of history he could find on his own time. He let out a gentle breath when he confirmed that they did not have a hand in his assassination, and more relieving that they had no hand in their own leader's demise. He looked over the documents the Hokage had shown, nodding quietly.
    "Hmm? Oh... I had not really thought of anything else to discuss, honestly." He replied, "I was concerned about that one thing the entire time, but thank you for your answer."

7. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    Seeing as how the Kazekage had little to say in regards to the whole thing. Especially...considering he used the old title it was perhaps time to put pressure on the country, not now but perhaps in a few months. Reaping more benefits for Konohagakure while still not being in "war" was the ultimate goal that he could think of at the moment. He calmly drank his tea while still deliberating his next move, he wondered if the new Sultan would know about the future troubles they both would encounter...now that the war was over some dark creeping undying things would come out. Reports had already made their way back to his office a while back but it was starting to get a bit too much to handle even for Konohagakure, especially after the war, he made the decision in his mind to discuss it with the Sultan.

Alright, since you have viewed the documents, please sign on them, both copies if you will take one for yourself and I will keep one here at Konohagakure. After that...I wanted to discuss something even more important, these last few weeks have been troubling ever since I have taken the position as Hokage. Old, dark, undying things are coming forth from the shadows, I can't exactly tell what they are yet or even if they are intelligent, but our war ending created some sort of hole in the system. The people, our people rebuilding, perhaps gave some others opportunities. The other countries...although they were barren when we started fighting they have since grown, especially since the war has ended it has become even more apparent. Did you get these reports yet? And if so...what are you planning to do Sultan?

8. Lillian

Lillian Chunin Member

16%
    Akira smiled and nodded, looking down at the documents and proceeding to sign them. His fox ear twitched as the Hokage began to speak, his smile soon dropping as he went into detail about the important matters. Handing him one of the documents as asked of him, he continued to listen to his words. He did an 'Mmhmm' as he went on. He had been given reports of troubling activity himself since he had became Sultan, but he wouldn't think that Konohagakure had reports of it popping up as well. This only concerned him about it more.

"Yes, I have gotten these reports. They are of concern, I agree." He tapped the heel of his foot against the ground, "If they intensify, further investigation is needed, possible retaliation."

9. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    Vaulkor looked at the other party, it seemed as though he had gotten the reports...they are of concern to him, but that was something that he had already said. He got up out of his chair and nodded at the Sultan, while his two hands were clasped behind his back. Well, for now, this is enough...more than enough, you have your country to get back to...and I have mine. As always, the shadows are lurking but it is our job to make things easier for our ninja...no matter how much we compete against each other, we always want the same basic things that all intelligent races crave. He took his right hand and snapped his fingers and out came the Anbu that were hidden away, put all of this stuff away. I will be leaving, and oh take that document, since the Sultan has signed it, there is always hope of them honoring the pact. Goodbye Sultan...I hope your journey back is as eventless as the setting sun.