Administrative Forum Functionality Updates!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Horus, Jan 15, 2017.

1. There are currently no users chatting.
  1. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    #1 Horus, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Hey, guys, I have added some forum functionality that will be visible and wanted to share and let you know what we have.

• Added New Title Progress - How much % is remaining until you reach your next title? Find out.
    • Profile View Count - Users can now see how many people visit their profiles!
    • New Default Layout- Dark Theme, different from the other themes that we have.
    • New Shoutbox - Talk about...anything here!

2. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    Alright got two more updates for you guys.

• We now have a Light theme that is somewhat decent! (After I played around with it for a bit)
    • Secondly, we now have profile covers! Basically, it is not really that useful but pretty cool if you want to change your profile cover a little bit like facebook background covers.

3. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    A single update that has been long(relativity guys ;) )

• The chat that was previously added had been removed due to server errors it was creating; nothing serious but better to be cautious than not in that regard. The new chat has massive functionality that I hope will prove more helpful as well as adaptable to any member. It includes actually moving the chat box to any position of your choice; including 2 places in the sidebar, above and below the forums or above and below content and finally you can have it on forums that moves up and down with you as you scroll as a sticky on the bottom of the browser.

4. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    A single update, which I am excited about due to the possibilities.

• Forum Store! Basically, it is a forum store credit version. Where your posts in most sections count towards gaining forum credits. These credits currently can only be used to buy simple stuff, like name changes and other things. However, I have been thinking about how to add in the whole RP format into the inventory that comes along with the shop. It won't mean that you would have to pay for certain amount of rp items through the forum, but a concise list when you need it might be cool.

5. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    Another update for the forum:

• We now have a moderator, to assist me in approving profiles, as well as just lurking around while I am not around U.S time. YuweaCurtis, has been a long time friend of mine, which I trust. His experience, roleplaying wise on a Naruto site, is more than 8 years, not including other roleplay websites he has been on. Some of those sites, he has been an Administrator as well as having other forum functions. I will still be looking for moderators, to help with game mastering threads as well as other sections.

6. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    Small Update

• The Chat has now been updated

7. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    March 20, 2017

• Made some backend fixes to the server, as well as some issues that have been coming up (Bugs).

YuweaCurtis likes this.
  8. Horus

Horus Jounin Member
    Administrator

45%
    Experience Points:
    April 4, 2017

• The site is now using a SSL certificate, making the website Secure. This will help google search rankings, and perhaps more people will join; we will see in the future.
    • The Chat has been updated, fixing some errors that it has caused, or may have caused.
    • A couple of functions were removed from the forum for more simplicity as well as creating less bugs.